BOULDER, CO. (March 18, 2020) — To our Wana friends and family in Colorado and across the nation,
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to grow, we would like to update our community on our status and the safety measures that we have been instituting over the past two weeks. At Wana, our #1 priority is to provide the safest, most reliable products to our community. We know that many of you rely on Wana products to provide support in your daily life. Your health and safety are of paramount importance to us as we monitor and track developments regarding COVID-19. We are listening carefully to your questions and concerns as well as following guidance and regulations from our state and national government. We will continue to adjust protocols and provide you with any updates to our business operations as new developments occur.
Wana always uses the utmost care in ensuring that we abide by all food safety requirements. For the past two weeks we have been judiciously monitoring the COVID-19 developments, and already instituted additional precautions to help further ensure the safety of our products as well as our corporate team.
- All sales, administration and marketing staff have been working remotely from home
- If any employee is feeling ill, he/she is directed to stay at home under our paid sick leave policy
- Any employee that has been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or has been in an area of concern, has been asked to self-quarantine and inform us (to date, no employees have come into contact with COVID-19)
- Employees who take the COVID-19 test will be compensated for up to 4 days while they wait for their test results
- Employee education was provided on COVID-19 including preventative measures like hand sanitizer for all workstations as well as social distancing
- Wana provided company reimbursement for hand sanitizer for all sales personnel
- Production employees have been distanced to decrease population density
- Courier vans have been equipped with hand sanitizer and disposable gloves
- Wana follows all FDA Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and always operates with the most extensive sanitary practices possible
- Wana sources its sustainable packaging from the United States and not from China
- Wana has been increasing production and its sourcing of raw materials in order to effectively prepare for the duration of this situation
- From the FDA’s FAQs regarding COVID-19: “Currently there is no evidence of food or food packaging being associated with the transmission of COVID-19.”
We are very proud of our team and their commitment to safety and health as well as their vigilance in implementing strong safety protocols and business practices. As the coronavirus continues to spread across our state, nation and globe, Wana will continue to take every precaution to keep our employees, patients and customers healthy and safe. We appreciate your patience and continued support as we all navigate these challenging times together.